The idea, the establishment and development of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri systems:
- A biography of the founder and the patron of the system- Sheikh Abdalla Sheikh Elbadri:
El-Sheikh Abd Alla bin El-Sheikh Elbadri bin ElTaher Nafi is from Al Abdallab tribe that formed its sheikhdom which was affiliated to the Government of Central Sennar which was known then as Blue Sultanate or the Kingdom of Alfunge.
EL-Sheikh Abd Alla’s father has memorized Quran in Um Dawan Ban Khalwa in his boyhood. He became a Sheikh teaches and helps students to memorize Quran in Ambkol Khalwa in Atbara then in Algadawab Khalwa ,the hometown of El-Sheihk Abd Alla, Elbadri where he was born in 1942. El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri started to memorize Quran under his father’s supervision in Algadawab Khalwa which was established by El-Sheikh Ibrahim Mustafa Khalifa who was famous by (Al-Ousouly)……. Not clear in Arabic . Accordingly, El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri started to memorize Quran in his father’s Khalwa before he joined Northern Barbar Primary School. His father (El-Sheikh Elbadri) wanted him to join industrial education so that he can graduate and have a job to earn his living, his wish came true as his son joined Jabeit Industrial School in 1958 and graduated and worked as a technician in Atbara Electricity … on 1961. As El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri originated religious life, he has been influenced by his father who moved next to his Lord while he was leading the worshipers at Friday prayers in the second rak’ah second sajdah on the 1st of June 1973. He was succeeded by his son Abd Alla Elbadri on succession of Maceed that he built at his expense in 1965, eight years before moving to top companion and it was renovated in 1971 when it was officially opened. The opening ceremony was broadcasted on radio Omdurman quoted by Mr. Aown Al-Sharif Qasim, the Minister of religious affairs and endowments and the Governor of Northern States Mr. Mohamed Ahmed Sharfi.
- The idea: ’s
El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri was raised in a religious environment with his father who learnt and taught the Qur’an, following our Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him guidance, who said: (The best is who learned Qur’an and teaches it). This is preference that El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri grew up with his father and learnt the best from him, his father whose Sofia way spread and attracted the beloved from inside and outside the Sudan. This religious upbringing of El-Sheikh Abdalla Elbadri, and the profession that learned, graduated and practiced has had the greatest impact on in all establishments that he made for God Almighty. His idea originated in order to allow all the Quran memorizers to save them asking people for living by training them and getting them professional carriers that will help them in their way of living so that they can rely on themselves . This was the main foundation idea and first basic start for all the upcoming achievements.
All El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri institutions was gradually stepping up based on Quran and Sunnah along with modern world requirements to become a minaret for all other states to follow the right pass of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri. It started with religious education scholarships that is represented the intermediate and secondary Scientific Institute which started by men who voluntered for this work till it was added to the Presidency of the Central Religious Education in Khartoum.
- Establishment and development: El- Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri institutions were built under his supervision and sponsorship by his followers and beloved in groups work that represented the best image of selflessness and impartiality for building educational institutions for the purpose of God and to please him and to develop the Earth that we are created for, as we are created us to worship God. This wonderful picture that astonished the community around us and attracted their hearts and stirred in them the spirit of participation was the reason that brought delegations from local Barbar villages East and West to participate and support the path of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri destined to God. With this ambitious spirit, the idea of save Quran memorizers from asking people and empowers them with a profession has attracted the attention of Holy Quran Association and make them supply program of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri with the first batch of students (Quran memorizers). The batch was of 90 students, they have been deployed within the departments of the faculty, particularly majoring in mechanics (cars) and electricity (roll and maintenance of submersible and surface motors). The students did great in the different specialties and they used their acquired skills to save 14 billion Sudanese pounds to Khartoum State water by rolling hundreds of submersible and surface motors and maintenance of a large number of generators that became useful and back to service again. The students have immortalized the name of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri, and became very skillful and loyal workers. Despite the resilience of higher moral and sticking to the spirit of faith and certainty that faced the days and nights flips, El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri has faced a major obstacle that was represented on the administration of the faculty foundation in 2002 who did disregard and ignored the Qur’nic message and breached the agreement concluded between El- Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri and Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research represented by the Board of technical education body. The Dean denied the message of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri, ignored the Qur’an memorizers issue and did not bring students to Khalwa and did not exert an effort to enforce the project which make El-Sheikh `Abd Alla angry. Following a lot of negotiations and arguments with a lot of VIPs, the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research was convinced that there is no point in keeping the administration who denied the massage and the objective of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri and they finally brought a new administration in 2004 that enforced the message and objectives of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri by bringing the Qur’an memorizers and opened the workshops to train them within a week after the message was forgotten for two years from 2002 to 2004.
El-Sheikh Abd Alla has built a separate residential complex and he guaranteed the Qur’an memorizers the followings:
- Free housing
- Free meals
- Free medical treatment
- Free transportation
All the above mentioned are paid from El-Sheikh Abd Alla own income till today.
Before these faculties he built (Quran basic school) which graduate students memorized the Qur’an beside the curriculums that are taught in the basic level school. Also he built the Faculty of Islamic studies and Arabic Nile Valley University and the Faculty of Sharia and Law University of the Nile Valley. He built the buildings of the Faculty of Islamic sciences and Arabic Nile Valley University then he gave them to the Faculty of Sharia and law and the Nile Valley University law and continued to support the two faculties since establishment, particularly the first batch (90 students) in 1991/1992 who needed a placed to stay in and meals so that they can focus on study and achieve the best in their study. El-Sheikh Abd Alla adopted their housing with the Student Welfare Fund. The students were grateful for what El-Sheikh Abd Alla provided to them (housing and meals) during the whole semester that they spent fully under his supervisions and sponsorship. They graduated on 1995 and they had their advanced positions serving the community, they are still meeting together, coming from all parts of Sudan to the place that supported them and was the reason behind their academic excellence, as a part of expressing gratitude to God as the verse says: (if you thanked I will give you more). All this work that El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri is doing was much admired and appreciated from the President of the Republic Marshal Omar Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir who kept review and present the idea of El- Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri and demands in the Council of Ministers to mainstream the idea of saving the Quran memorizers from asking for living in all States of Sudan. The programs of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri have had a profound impact on the political, legislative and executive leadership in Sudan. Many delegations visited him to see and learn about his success in the unprecedented experience. They all admired the outputs of this success that became a reality and was a source of great satisfaction of El- Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri who wanted to sum all those efforts and all the technical faculties to become a University with his name. His wish became true as the Act of the university was authorized by a Republican Order that declared the university and appointed a president for. The university and became a reality in the local Barbar and a great addition to university education in the River Nile State it was then called University Sheikh Abdalla Elbadri for science and technology.
The targets and aims that El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri wants to achieve:
- Instill the spirit of perseverance and patience that knowledge requires so that his sons could achieve their goals.
- Instill the virtuous values in the community around him.
- Develop the skills of the students through technical training so that they become skillful workers in order to push the wheel of development in the country forward.
- Change the environment of productive work in different locations by involving
professional workers who memorized Qur’an.
- Graduate skillful imams and preachers to instill the virtuous Islamic values such as honesty and loyalty at work.
- Achieve Islamic Sharia aims for all the purposes in succession of Earth and develop living on it.
We can rely on this for review purposes of Islamic law in two important aims
that God created humanity on Earth for:-
(A) Worship, the Almighty said: (We created human and Jinn only to worship God).
(B) The succession on earth and develop living on it through human being as he is God says: (and your Lord said to the angels I will create in the land a successor).
Therefore, God created human and prepare him to worship and make it a system that works for the interest of human. Human obedience or disobedience to God does not add to God or take away anything from Him, in fact worshiping God is just for the benefit of human religion and worldly affairs. As for the part of succession on Earth, God has prepared all the assistants for human to help him accomplish the succession perfectly God prepared material conditions that help human to produce, these conditions are such as: (1) Land. (2) Water. (3)Sun. (4) All kinds of Minerals. Above all these, God gave human the mind, just the human kind who were distinguished by this from other creatures. God gave it to human to help them looking for and dig on earth to bring the best of them and get the best results via life experience and to urge him to work consider work as worship as stated in the Qur’an and Sunnah in many verses and Hadiths of the Prophet.
All the above goals were achieved through the graduation of large numbers of professionals in various occupational specialties who has been well trained and taught, now they became known in the various production sites of high professional performance in mechanics and electricity. They became imams at production sites where everyone admires their manners, morals and discipline. The faculty has retained a number of them (the excellent students) to become trainers for students in the exact workshops where they graduated following its scientific system.
Knowledge is not exclusive to certain time and specific place as seeking knowledge is obligatory in both rural and urban areas among all classes of society. We are obliged to seek knowledge from birth to grave. Pursuit of knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim men and women. Villagers are known by their interest in learning so they sent their children away to learn and they could scarify part of their living expenses to educate their children. They are convinced that countries are built by scientists and the notion should not be led by unlettered, it is scientists’ role to lead the notion.
This was one of the motives that made El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri who lives in the village of Alkadwab Northern Barbar by 3 km do this remarkable educational institutions. This village became a shelter and a destination for students from all parts of Sudan. The local community was participant and supported each of the educational projects of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri. The local community believes that these educational institutions provide education to their children from kindergarten till university. These educational institutions became centers of civilization beam for the local community as these institutions contributed in raising the efficiency and ability of the workers of Barbar workshops from the traditional manner that they were practicing to an advanced way. The faculty held practical scientific programs to train participants in various professions for example; a course for welders workers was held, they were trained on the use of oxygen welding (this was their first time to learn about it and practice it) and develop their welding skills. Courses were held for the locality staff on how to use the computer for scientific and functional purposes. The women were not forgotten, there were courses that were held to upgrade women capabilities and make them active and productive, particularly rural women. Several courses were held for housewives in some skills that they need at home such as: (1) Use and repair of simple electrical equipment such as blenders and irons. The faculty gave them gift bags that have all assistive devices for screwdrivers and other equipment that will help them in their work.
(2) A course that trained them on how to produce Arabic bread and pies, bakery, jams and juices free of chemical preservatives.
El-Sheikh Abd Alla El-Sheikh Elbadri institutions:
Sheikh Abdalla Elbadri system consists of the following units:
- Elsayda Suad kindergartens.
2 El-Sheikh Elbadri. Quran Basic Co-education School.
- El-Sheikh Elbadri Secondary Institute.
- Um Elfograa Bint Aljunaid secondary school for girls.
- Faculty of Islamic and Arabic Sciences.
- Faculty of Sharia and law.
- El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri Technical Faculty.
- Marshal El- Bashir’s Center for Qualifying Qur’an memorizers
- El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri Technical Health Faculty.
- Residential complexes.
- Institutions under Construction
Below is a brief explanation of each unit in the system:
- Elsayda Suad kindergartens: The Quran kindergarten was opened in 2004.
- 2. El-Sheikh Elbadri. Qur’an Basic Co-education School: founded in 1426 Hijri, July 2005.
- Qur’an is memorized at the school besides teaching basic level subjects.
- The school grants basic certificate in eight years.
- There are 201 students (81girls -120 boys) at the school.
- The school staff consists of six Quran Memorizers teachers and eight teachers of the basic education level.
- 3. El-Sheikh Elbadri Secondary Institute: founded in 1988. The Institute teaches the following syllables:
- Qur’an Sciences and Islamic sciences (Inheritance):
- Arabic language.
- Social Sciences-Mathematics-English-Arabic-Geography-History-Science.
The Institute admits students who passed successfully the exams of the basic level and has a certificate of memorizing the Holy Qur’an from the Holy Qur’an University. This institute follows the Presidency of the Central religious education in Khartoum.
- Um Elfograa Bint Aljunaid Secondary School for girls: founded in 2010 and was opened by the Governor of River Nile State. It is named after the name of the mother of El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri to honour her memory. The school is regular governmental secondary school.
- Faculty of Islamic and Arabic Sciences: the faculty was opened in 1991 by first Vice President Martyr Marshal Al-Zubair Mohammad Saleh. El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri gave away as a gift the faculty’s buildings for the University of the Nile Valley. The Faculty has the following departments:
- Islamic Economy dept.
- Communication studies dept.
- Arabic language dept.
- Religious origination studies dept.
16 batches were graduated from the faculty since it was established. The number of graduate students by 2010 was nearly three thousand students. The faculty offers a Bachelor’s degree in eight semesters for all specialities.
- 6. Faculty of Sharia and law: the faculty was founded in 1998, before this date it was as a division of the faculty of Islamic and Arabic Sciences. El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri gave away as a gift the faculty’s buildings for the University of the Nile Valley. The Faculty contains three departments:
- Sharia department.
- Public law department.
- Private law department.
The faculty offers a Bachelor’s degree in Sharia and law in eight semesters and honour degree of Sharia and law in ten semesters. The total graduated batches until 2010 was nine batches.
- 7. El-Sheikh Abd Alla El- Sheikh Elbadri Technical Faculty: the faculty was opened by the President of the Republic marshal Omar Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir, in a formal national ceremony on 16 July 2005; he considered it as a unique model of all technical faculties in Sudan. The faculty offers diploma degree in six semesters.
Departments of the Faculty:
- Electrical Engineering Department includes the following specialities: (Network-electronics – medical devices – devices and machines).
- Mechanical engineering department includes the following specialities (car-production-machinery, refrigeration and air conditioning).
- Department of civil engineering and includes the following specialities (drawing – construction – space).
- Administrative Science Department includes the following specialities (accounting – social service-human resource management-accounting information systems and banking).
- Computer department: includes computer systems technology.
- Marshal El- Bashir’s Center for vocational training: It was established in El-Sheikh Abd Alla El- Sheikh Elbadri Technical Faculty as a vocational training center; it was named as Marshal El-Bashir Center for vocational training and apprenticeship. The Center has been approved by the Higher Council for vocational training and apprenticeship after the visit of the Minister of labour to the faculty and the center in 2009.
Objectives of the center: Management of vocational and apprenticeship programs, and care of Qur’an memorizer and the orphans and children of martyrs’ admissions to enable them to rely on themselves in the future.
Duties of the center:-
- Prepare proposal of the annual admissions for the Faculty Board to help them take the right decision.
- Coordination with the scientific departments to ensure the availability of the study and training requirement.
- Follow-up the training of students and provide a monthly report to the Council of the Faculty.
- Communicate with the fieldwork to provide training opportunities for students.
- Follow-up procedures for registering students with the academic affairs secretariat in the faculty and deliver final lists to the concerned scientific departments of teaching and training.
- Follow up the security, housing, medical treatment and transporting of orphans students in coordination with El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri.
- Provide parental care for orphans and facilitate the difficulties that they may face.
- Works on finding financial resources to finance the budget of the Center.
- Submit a monthly report about the housing, transporting, medical treatment, clothes and living for El-Sheikh Abdalla Elbadri.
General conditions for admission to the Centre according to programs:
- The student has a basic level certificate with pass grade.
- The student age must not exceed 18 years-old.
- Pass the faculty interview and the medical interview.
- Preference for admission for all the Qur’an memorizers (partially or fully), the orphans and children of martyrs.
- The student must have completed sixth years old as a minimum.
- The student’s age must not be more than 12 years old.
- Pass the faculty interview and the medical interview.
- Preference for admission for the Qur’an memorizers (partially or fully), the orphans and children of martyrs
Authorized bodies that have the right to nominate students:
(1) El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri.
(2) Any orphans related body such as Al- Asha’rieen Association in River Nile State.
(3) The Organization of the martyr.
(4) Direct application for the center.
The certificate awarded to the graduate: is a certificate of apprenticeship with the professional program of the Higher Council for vocational training, apprenticeships and professional certificate program.
- El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri Technical Health Faculty
El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri Technical Health Faculty follows the technical education body,
which is a part of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, was founded as the first technical faculty in Sudan aimed at health and medical assistance staff, as an extension of the educational system of his majesty Mawlana El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri to boost the wheel of technical education in the country. El-Sheikh Abd Alla’s generous initiation came after seeing the distinguished nursing and medical services in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Therefore, the faculty was ratified by the ministerial decision issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research on 27/11/2007.
Mawlana El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri donated the faculty building as well as he donated a considerable amount of money to start work in the faculty. A delegation headed by Dean of the faculty travelled to the People’s Republic of China to bring furniture and medical equipment. El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri has paid fully all the expenses of the delegation trip to China including the value of furniture and medical equipment as a donation to support technical health education in the country. The Faculty was opened officially by the President of the Republic of Sudan Marshal Omar Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir and his delegation in January 2009. All those who attended the opening praised the efforts that have been made in the establishment of the Faculty. The first batch started the study in February 2009 and the second batch was admitted in November 2009. A training cooperation agreement twinning with King Hussein in Jordan was set for training and qualification of the faculty’s students and employees. The agreement was signed on behalf of the faculty by Mawlana El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri with a full delegation from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; it is now prepared and ready for implementation. The faculty admitted students who passed Sudanese certificate, scientific division. The faculty admitted students for the academic year 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 in four programs (Dental Assistant Technical Diploma – Nursing-Technical Diploma- Pharmacy Assistant Technical Diploma – Medical Statistics Diploma).
The faculty offers the technical diploma in the abovementioned specialities for the students with a grade point average of 2.5 or above after completing 6 semesters.
- Residential complexes:
Mawlana El-Sheikh Abd Alla El-Sheikh Elbadri established over 20 residential complexes for professors and students. Also, he established a special complex for the Holy Qur’an memorizers as he cares for them pays their expenses from his own income. Moreover, he built a medical care unit near the faculty and residential complexes.
- Institutions under implementation and constructions:
The below institutions are under implementation and constructions:
- A teaching hospital.
- Eight new faculties.
- University administration building.
- University mosque.
- Six new halls with a capacity of 300 students per room, in addition to grounds for student activities and others, all under the name of (El-Sheikh Abd Alla Elbadri University),these were approved by decision of the Council of Ministers No. (28) Of 2011 in its 8th session on the 14th of Muharram 1432 h this is 17 February of 2011. The decision includes six approved faculties which are as follows:
- Faculty of Engineering: this faculty includes electrical engineering (Power and Control) and civil engineering
- Faculty of technology.
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Community development
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Medicine
These faculties are an addition to the old faculties already mentioned in this chapter.